If you’re fed up with ineffective workouts that promise the world and deliver almost nothing, it’s time to mix up your workout with these simple exercises that are sure to produce the results you’ve been waiting for.
If you’re ready to commit to exercising every day for 30 days, you’ll be amazed by the results you can achieve. But with this workout, you don’t need to pay for an expensive gym subscription or pack your home full of workout equipment. These exercises use your own bodyweight to tone and tighten your entire body in 30 days.
If you do want to feel a little more burn without paying a fortune for home gym equipment that’s a pain to store and dominates your living room, you could pick up a set of high-quality resistance bands (like the ones from Victorem). Lightweight, compact, and in a variety of resistance “levels,” resistance bands are a great way to feel the burn in your muscles, not your wallet.
30-day bodyweight workout plan
Complete these exercises as a whole routine for 30 days for the best results. All of these exercises can be completed anywhere, at any time, with absolutely no equipment required (okay, we might recommend you complete a couple on a mat, but that’s it), so there can be no excuses!
Every exercise is intended to take a minimum of 30 seconds without resting. For many of these exercises, complete the movement as many times as you can in 30 seconds. For some, you might be asked to hold the position for 30 seconds. After every set, rest for 60 seconds before continuing.
- Inchworm to push-up
- Start standing with your feet hip-width apart.
- Lower into a forward fold, bringing your hands to the floor (you can bend your knees if necessary).
- Walk your hands forward to lower into a plank.
- Perform one push-up – bending your arms and lowering your chest so that it nearly touches the floor before pushing back up to your plank.
- Walk your hands back towards your feet and bend at the hips to return to standing.
- Wall sit
- Stand with your back resting on a wall with your feet shoulder-width apart, approximately two feet away from the wall.
- Bend your knees and lower down to 90’degrees (as though you’re sitting on an invisible chair).
- As you lower down, extend your arms straight out in front of you.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then slowly reverse to stand.
- Lie face-down on a mat with your arms and legs fully extended out.
- Slowly raise your arms, legs, and chest off the floor.
- Hold the “superman” pose for one count, then use control to lower back down.
- Glute Bridge
- Lie face-up on a mat with your arms by your sides, palms facing the floor.
- Bend your knees and bring your heels up to your butt, raising your toes slightly.
- Raise your hips by squeezing the glutes until your body creates a straight line from your shoulders to your knees).
- Hold for one count, then engage your core as you lower back down.
- Hollow hold
- Lie face-up on a mat with your arms and legs extended (similar to the Superman pose from before).
- Contract your abs and engage your core to pull your belly button towards the floor.
- With your core engaged, raise your shoulders and legs slowly off the floor.
- Hold for 30 seconds, then exercise control to lower back down.
- Start in a plank position: hands beneath your shoulders, feet hip-width apart, engaged core.
- Lower your body until you’re almost touching the floor.
- Pause, then push through your arms to raise back into a plank.
- Stand with your feet roughly shoulder-width apart, raise your chest, and engage your abs and core.
- Bring your hands to your chest, fingertips touching.
- Push your hips back as you bend your knees to lower down.
- Lower your buttocks until your thighs are just below parallel to the floor, hold for a breath, then push through the heels to stand back up.
- “Y” Superman
- Lie face-down on a mat with your legs extended straight out and your arms extended, so your body makes a “Y” shape.
- Engage your abs and core to raise your arms and chest off the floor.
- Hold for one breath cycle, then slowly lower back down.
With these awesome exercises, you’ll be able to effectively burn fat, build muscle, and increase your overall sense of health and wellbeing in no time! Complete these workouts at home or get outdoors for an extra boost of fresh air and endorphins while you exercise.