Finding useful presents for women who love the outdoors is not terribly challenging. Whether she enjoys hiking, camping, or cycling, she can appreciate gear to replace worn equipment, gadgets to make life easier, or even gifts that make the most of her downtime. Here are fantastic and practical gift suggestions for the outdoorsy woman in your life.
Let’s start with small gifts that can put a smile on a nature lover’s face. Any of these portable items would fit easily in a backpack or tucked away in a basket of a beach cruiser electric bike:
- A buff that can act as a face mask, neck warmer, or headband
- Wool socks to wick away moisture and protect feet from blisters
- A sleep mask to make snoozing or napping more peaceful
- A personal water-filtering straw to stay hydrated anywhere
- A lightweight and unbreakable enamel camping mug made for warming by the fire
- A headlamp for finding your way after dark
- Small binoculars to spot wildlife or see the sights when on an adventure
- Travel-sized art supplies for when you feel inspired
- A small, attractive journal and pen to document experiences and emotions
- Portable games to enjoy with friends and family during downtime
Most adventurous types would appreciate any of these gifts that can come in handy during almost any outdoor journey.
Books may great gifts for women when they go off the grid, especially if you choose one with an outdoorsy theme. These choices may suit any nature-loving woman when taking a break from hiking, riding a women’s electric bike, or sitting around the campfire:
- Wild, by Cheryl Strayed, a memoir about a woman who hikes the Pacific Coast Trail solo
- Becoming Odyssa, by Jennifer Pharr Davis, a story focusing on a woman’s trek to self-discovery along the Appalachian Trail
- The Lost Art of Reading Nature’s Signs, by Tristan Gooley, to help any woman find her way by unraveling the clues that nature offers
- The Stranger in the Woods, by Michael Finkel, detailing his experience living life on his own terms in Maine’s rugged outdoors
- The Sharp End of Life, by Deirdre Wolonick, the tale of the oldest woman to climb Yosemite’s El Capitan
- Miles From Nowhere, by Barbara Savage, a narrative of a two-year bicycle journey across 25 countries that covers over 23,000 miles
These books are all about overcoming personal struggles and surviving while seeing what you can accomplish when you put the power of body and mind together.
Big Ticket Items
Splurging on a gift can give any outdoorsy woman access to a new passion or committing further to an adventurous lifestyle. Consider some of these popular presents to wow her:
- An America the Beautiful Annual Pass granting access to all the US National Park Service sites
- A womens hybrid bike to expand cycling routes from city roads to mountain trails
- An inflatable stand-up paddleboard to take along on outdoor trips without taking up too much room
- A portable hammock to make the most of relaxation in the great outdoors
Hopefully, this list of practical and thoughtful presents for any female adventurer will bring joy to any gift-giving occasion. All it takes is some thinking outside of the box and looking at the latest products to get ideas of what you think she will love.