I’ve lost 1 pound this week. Is there something wrong with me that I’m not jumping over the moon with joy at that? Am I wrong to feel so disappointed that I’ve only lost a pound? I’m sure many, if not most people would be happy to lose a pound. So why don’t I?
I think that it’s perhaps because I’ve been doing this for a while now. 28 weeks is quite a long time.
Or perhaps it’s because the last few weeks have slowed down considerably. It’s taken almost three months to lose nine pounds if I remember correctly. That seems like extremely slow progress to me.
Or might it just be because I’m a misery?
Yes, that’s more likely!
Let me focus on the good stuff here. I think I’ll even treat myself to a few bullet points too because you know how much I like them:
- I’ve lost over three stones (or a total of 43lbs) since starting.
- I can see a noticable difference in my physical appearance
- I find it easier to move about now, especially going upstairs. I didn’t realise how much the extra weight was slowing me down.
- Other people are noticing and making nice comments. That’s always good to hear and a real encouragement
- The trousers I bought years ago but never wore now fit really well 🙂 I may even wear them this week rather than try them on as a yardstick then put them back in the drawer.
- My clothes are getting much looser. However, the downside is that I don’t have any spare cash at the moment to treat myself to new clothes that actually fit. I’ll have to make do for now but that’s ok as pulling up my trousers constantly reminds me that I’m actually doing well (how’s that for a positive spin on things?!). This will work as long as I still pull them up in time before they fall down too much. I would not enjoy being arrested for indecent exposure. Although with the state of my thighs the word “indecent” would be more like “INDECENT”.
- I’m the lowest weight I’ve been since after having Harry in 2003.
Ah, I suppose I am doing ok after all when I look at that!
Here’s an update on the stats so far:
Starting weight: 13st 5lbs (June 2009)
Current weight: 10st 4lbs (last weighed this morning)
Total loss so far: 3st 1lb (or 43lbs)
I am determined to keep going. Having said that I’m also determined to enjoy myself around Christmastime, and not get hung up on staying away from mince pies and chocolates. I think that after 28 weeks of sticking to the plan I can afford to indulge a little over the festive period, can’t I? I promise I’ll get straight back on the weight loss wagon afterwards!