Here is the Beetroot and Chocolate Muffin recipe we made at the Tesco Real Food Cooking with Kids event. If you haven’t already seen it don’t forget to check out the Super Spinach Filo Tart recipe we made as our main course!
Beetroot and Chocolate Muffins
75g cocoa powder
180g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
250g caster sugar
250g cooked beetroot
3 large eggs
200ml/7fl oz sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
icing sugar for dusting
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Arrange paper muffin cases in a 12 mould muffin tin.
3. Sift the cocoa powder, flour and baking powder into a bowl. Mix in the sugar and set aside.
4. Chop up the beetroot in to very small pieces. Add the eggs, one at a time, then add the vanilla and oil and mix.
5. Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients, add the beetroot mixture and lightly mix. Pour into the muffin cases.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until the top is firm when pressed with a finger.
7. Cool on a wire rack and dust with icing sugar to serve.