Each time I make this meal I plan to take a photo of it so that I can post the recipe for you here complete with pictures.
Each time I make this meal we can’t wait to eat it, and when it comes to dishing up time taking a photo of it doesn’t come into my mind.
I didn’t want to put off sharing this recipe with you any longer because it feels like I’m keeping a wonderful secret all to myself.
And that simply would not be nice.
This recipe is quick, easy and incredibly delicious. Just don’t worry about the calories too much.
So here it is, sans photo. Perhaps one day I’ll add it on. ‘Til then… imagine.
Penne Alla Vodka
500g Penne Pasta
2 small cloves garlic
600ml double cream
400g can chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp oil
Half a cup (4oz) vodka
Salt and pepper
1. Cook pasta in a large pan. The pan must be big enough to be able to hold the cooked pasta and sauce together comfortably.
2. Meanwhile, chop onions, garlic and bacon and lightly fry until cooked through.
3. Add tomatoes and seasoning and allow to simmer for a while.
4. Add vodka. Don’t try the taste test immediately after adding the vodka. It will still be very strong and you will be able to taste it clearly and you will get a kick out of doing so. Do the taste test immediately if you dare.
5. Add the cream. Stir in well. Simmer together for ten minutes.
6. Drain pasta and place back into large pan. Add sauce and mix it all up together, ensuring all the pasta is coated with the sauce.
You can also make this recipe omitting the bacon, or replacing it with sausage instead.