Following our post on the Top 10 Illegal Baby Names along with last week’s post on more banned baby names from around the world I decided to look into some strange names that some people have been landed with over time.
After a short time of putting odd words into the search boxes of Ancestry.co.uk I came up with the following list of funny names which are not (or at least were not) illegal and are all very, very real.
Top 20 Funny Names That Aren’t Illegal But Probably Should Be
- Cholera D Pigg – As if having a surname like Pigg isn’t enough to make life a little difficult your parents also decide to name you after a deadly disease.
- Devil B Mary – Well, what on earth could this baby have done to be named Devil, I wonder?
- Laxative Thomas – Talk about a bum deal on this name.
- Flora Toilet Nunn – It conjures up images of a scented WC in a convent, doesn’t it?
- Key – Not sure if this was just someone with the surname Key and no first name but his father was called Monkey Key. ”Son, if I had to have a stupid name then so did you!”
- Planet Hill – This name is out of this world!
- Anna Banana Baptista – Anna Banana – it rhymes!
- Strawberry Hunter – Because someone needs to protect us from those savage strawberries.
- Fishy Scales – This persons parents either had a great sense of humour or were completely stupid and embarrassing.
- Brainy Fish – Ditto
- Leper Champagne – We’ve named you after a deadly disease but hey, your surname’s Champagne so let’s celebrate!
- Elmer Salty Sellers – Salty Sellers? Salt cellars? Get it?
- Paradise Beautiful Earth – No pressure on that kid. Much.
- Hairy Berry – I can’t decide if being named Straw Berry would have been better.
- Berry Straw – Close enough. And no.
- Windy Miller – There are quite a few of these. None from Camberwick Green though.
- Apple Apple – So turns out Gwyneth wasn’t quite as original as she thought. Gutted!
- Pooey Law - Still, the law is the law and we must abide by it.
- Scab Dover - Has the wound on your hand healed yet? Yes, it’s Scab Dover!
- Mini Cooper – Car-azy name!
You might also like to read: